Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dilemma Of A Skint Actress!

So I did an audition in Manchester today, pretending to drive a car whilst singing along to a famous Beach Boys song. At first I tried hard to avoid miming driving - there's nothing worse is there? I thought better to do nothing than mime badly - the advert will be driving a real car so why embarrass myself? All went well but apparently I didn't look like I was driving, according to the flu ridden, yet lovely casting director. I did it again WITH the hilarious driving actions then quickly buggered off for a cool, crisp glass of Chablis in the sun with Man.

All in all pretty unremarkable...

...until tonight when I got a message on my phone asking someone called Nina to go to London tomorrow for a recall? So my dilemma is, do I:

a) Pretend to be someone called Nina and hot foot it down to London tomorrow?
b) Call the casting flunky and inform her of her rather insulting mistake?
C) Call The Cheerful Agent early and get her to sort it out?

On another note I find this a further example of a casting agency calling late, after 9pm for a casting involving a 300 mile round trip the following morning, with the wrong information and not offering a recall fee. So I would be massively out of pocket even if I was available to go!

Option C I think! It's a job for The Cheerful Agent...hope she's cheerful at 7 o'clock in the morning????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment and don't forget to tell your friends about The Actress Outside!