Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Play Is Now Open!

So the play I'm doing is now up and running and I've got a few days off to recover before the next bit of touring! Naturally as this is an anonymous blog I can't tell you when or when but rest assured it's a quality piece.

It's been a great experience so far, bloody hard work but I've met some lovely people. Nobody is too luvvie and, at the moment, any niggles within the group of actors is being handled very diplomatically. I'm pleased because when I signed up to do this play I was dreading the possibility of working with some awful people! I'm really enjoying being back on the stage and doing character work. So much of the jobs I've done have no real development of character, in TV there is never any time to explore or even discuss how to play it. Film does allow more time but hasn't given me the opportunity to shine yet!

However theatre is the place to develop these skills and I'm realising that I've left it far too long. Let's hope that some caster or director will see me in this and recognise my talent and give me another opportunity because I'm loving this experience and I want to do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment and don't forget to tell your friends about The Actress Outside!