Friday, June 25, 2010

Just how far away is the damn poverty line?

Apparently I'm supposed to earn £115.00 a week as a single adult with no children - this would put me directly on the poverty line......

I wish I earnt that much!!!!! I do have my other job, you know the one where I chat to customers and pour pints like all good actors do from time to time but that's minimum wage and not many hours a week. even if you average out my income and factor in my acting work I'm still way below the official poverty line.

How do I do it? How do I survive? Ahhhhh yes... a truly great Man and my lovely Mum. They are the reason that I don't starve and I don't sleep in a cardboard box...that's right. That and the fact that I don't buy anything EVER. Not even a happy meal - (do you really get happy when you eat one? If Ronald McDonald looked at me in that tone of voice I'm pretty sure I'd want to rip his ears off?)

New actors take note: it's tough up north but I think I'd be even further away from the poverty line if I lived in London.

Surely I'll hit that elusive poverty line soon? Maybe if I'm a good girl, I can save up and buy a ladder?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment and don't forget to tell your friends about The Actress Outside!