Monday, June 28, 2010

Tall Tales Of Distinction Part One

Speaking of tall birds....

This figurehead must be one of my favourites, a shining example to me of how to play on being tall (and for your information she's actually taller than me (if you believe the height on my CV)! Allison Janney is a huge source of hope for this beanpole amongst the acting industry. She's not only a terrific actress (The West Wing, The Hours, Juno etc) but she's bloody funny in real life as well!

Her quote that made me laugh the most was:

"An agent said to me he didn't know what to do with me, I wouldn't be able to play any parts but lesbians and aliens."

Bet he's kicking himself now huh? As this Emmy award winning actress strides away, laughing all the way to the bank and the Oscars!!!!

So when I finally grow into my face and some caster/director/producer remembers that some people in this world are over 5'6'' and begin to reflect that in their casting I should be quids in...

Lets hope it's sooner rather than later!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment and don't forget to tell your friends about The Actress Outside!